Wednesday, September 14, 2011

9/11 343 brothers and sisters. REST IN PEACE

Sunday was 9/11. It is always one of the most emotional days for me. this year was the ten year anniversary and we were supposed to be at ground zero. Unfortunately on Saturday night my cousins in new york called me and told me I couldn't come because New York City was on a lock down due to terrorist threats. Why would Americans, especially Americans, make threats when they saw how New York crumbled, came together as family and neighbors, watched our country go to war, and the whole nation mourn? I just don't get it. But, point being, 9/11 is an inspiration to me for what I do. I do this because they gave their lives when they didn't have to and that is exactly what I want to give back to the 343 firefighters who lost their lives. I could not even describe my gratitude towards every emergency service or volunteers who stayed when everyone else was able to run. 9/11 means so much to me and God forbid, that would happen today, bet my ass I would be there doing all that I can.

1 comment:

  1. 9/11 must have such a different meaning for firefighters, I can't even imagine. In some of your upcoming blogs, I'd love to see more detail and depth--maybe more descriptive elements.

    ReplyDelete